Do you have a story to tell us?
We, at GBG Kota Kinabalu, are interested to hear your story! Google is once again holding their Success Stories contest this year and we are on the lookout for any local businesses that would be interested to take part in this contest.
We know there are some great businesses, doing great things here in Sabah. We want Sabah to represent and get noticed by Google!
So What is GBG Success Stories?
The GBG Stories Contest (the “Contest”) is an achievement-based contest where participants submit a written entry describing how participants have used the web and Google products to start up, grow and scale their ventures (together “the Application”). The Applications will be evaluated by a combination of appointed judges and the public, who will choose the winning entries in accordance with these Official Rules. The prize(s) will be awarded to the participant(s) whose Application(s) receives the highest number of public votes, having first been selected as a Finalist in accordance with the judging criteria.
- GBG / GDG managers and community members
- Non-community members ( Public )
- Inspirational: personal or professional obstacles that were overcome to achieve success (60%)
- Impactful: on industry, society, community or environment (20%)
- Innovative: unique ways of using the internet to deliver its product, service and process and how Google products were used (20%)
- SMB – Small to medium sized businesses including NGOs.
- Technology – Technology startups and ventures.
- Social Impact – Social enterprises.
- 13 June 2016 – Submission starts
- 27 June 2016 – Submission closes
- 27 June 2016 – Start judging submissions
- 7 July 2016 – 24 Semi-finalists selected and contacted by email and/or phone and YouTube 1 minute pitch submission starts
- 14 July 2016 – YouTube 1 minute pitch submission closes for internal selection
- 21 July 2016 – 9 Global finalists selected and contacted by email and/or phone and video production starts
- 14 November 2016 – Videos for 9 Global Finalists produced and public voting for people’s choice awards starts.
- 21 November 2016 – Winners announced
GBG Success Stories is a world-wide event. 24 Semi-Finalists will be chosen and out of 24, 9 stories will be chosen as Finalist before the TOP 3 FINALISTS are announced.
Share Your Stories and Inspire Others!
What do you think?
Do you have what it takes to be the top finalists? Or are you still unsure? Here’s a little something to help you out. Check out our awesome past finalists, their stories may inspire you to take the plunge!
Pre-submit your Success Story here and we’ll alert you when the GBG Success Stories is officially launched!